Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11: Twelve years later and a moment of silence


It’s hard to believe it has been twelve years since the day I sat in class fearing for the fate of my country and its people. That day is still fresh in my mind. I was sitting in study hall when someone came running in the room, talking about our nation being under attack.

Turning on the news, it was like watching a movie. Only the fear and grief were all too real. Thousands of men and women lost their lives that day. Many families forever changed. Twelve years later many Americans go about their day as if nothing happened. I would like to take a minute of silence for all the police officers and firefighters who lost their lives that day to protect ours and for all of the troops who continue to fight for our freedom. We must let them know that they are not forgotten.

And since this is a writing blog, remember to treat every day as a gift. It can all be taken away in an instant. Look deep down into yourself and remember why you want to be a writer or why you love to write.

Until next time I hope you find joy in your writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment