Friday, May 11, 2012

It's not so black and white

Sorry I haven't written a post in a few days. I told you before a lot of good books came out in May, so I might disappear. I went into my reading cave while I read City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. As always, I loved it!

Cassandra does a great job reaching into the darkest parts of our psyche. I love books that make you question what is good and what is bad because I don't believe everything is black or white. There are many shades of gray, which I hope to show in my own writing. I want to show that even the "good" characters have the capacity to be "bad." I also want to show how far some people are willing to go to protect the ones they love. I've been rewriting my novel and these are some of the points that I hope show through.

In other news:

I have a special post scheduled for Monday. You will not want to miss it! I can't say anything else about it, but you should definitely stop by to check it out.

My mom arrives tomorrow and she will be here for a week, so I will probably be absent for the next week. I want to spend as much time with her as possible since I don't know when I will see her again. I wish all you mothers a Happy Mother's Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment