Tuesday, December 13, 2011

First draft complete

I have not written a post in a few days. I have been writing like crazy to finish the first draft of my novel and here’s the good news. I officially have a first full draft of my novel! I finished the ending last night…well it’s an open ending, but it’s an ending. It has close to 92,500 words. My limit was 100,000 so I was able to leave some room to add words for description during my revising stage.

It feels amazing to actually finish a project. I have been writing this story on and off for two years now. It took me sitting down for two months straight to get a full version. Before I was writing bits and pieces that came to me. This time I rewrote the whole thing while sticking with the same idea. I wrote every day and forced myself to keep going. I already have the second and third books in my head. I want to polish this one up and try to get it published. I know I still have a long road ahead of me, but finishing the first draft is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment