Monday, December 19, 2011

Editing and outlining

It’s been a few days since my last entry. I have been working a lot and then I had to get ready for my flight to see my family. I am back home now for the holidays, which is where I wanted to be. Even though I’ve taken a break from writing these posts I didn’t take a break from my writing.

I have been editing chapters one and two of my now completed novel, sorry I had to throw that in there, because I’m still really exciting about having a full version to edit now. It has taken longer to edit these two chapters than it did to write them in the first place. Is that normal?

Also, I have found it much easier to go back and add description where it’s needed now that I know where the story is going. I know what I can give away and what comes later, which makes it easier. I suppose I could have outlined first, but I seem to do better when I just start writing. As I write the ideas come to me, so outlining, although would have probably been very helpful since I try to foreshadow and not give too much away at once, would have also hindered me. Perhaps I will try to outline for the next part of the series and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment