Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Praise of modern technology for writers

I am a fan of real books, but I also love my nook. I put my novel on my nook the other day because I just got one of the Simple touch ones, which allows you to add your own PDFs. It was like reading my story with fresh eyes. While reading through my story on my nook, I came to the decision to hold back the reigns a little bit on querying agents.

I am still going to work on my query letter, but I’m not going to send any of them until the manuscript has been changed. I found myself using a lot of passive voice, which is a no no in the publishing world. Also, I thought of a few ways to make my story stronger.

In other news:
I have almost 100 followers on Twitter. This may not seem like a big deal to you, but to me it feels like a milestone. If you would like to help me get to my 100th follower you can click on the Follow me button or go to your own twitter page and add @BrandiDaniels

Thank you for all of the support!

1 comment:

  1. I don't get Twitter........ but am starting to understand the query letter thing more :)

    ReplyDelete