Sunday, April 29, 2012

Short Story Sunday

I want to try something a little different for today’s post. As a way to share my writing with you, my awesome followers, I am going to start posting my short stories here. But I am not going to post the whole story at once, because to be honest I won’t have the whole story written yet. This will force me to work on something besides my novel I’ve been reediting. It will also keep me from going insane from working on my novel.

How it works

Here’s how Short Story Sunday is going to work. Every Sunday I will post a little more of my short story. Today I am going to make it easy and start with the opening paragraph I’ve written. Hopefully it will entice you to want to read more. Because I want to be a Young Adult/Children’s writer each story will deal with this genre.

I encourage you to share your ideas with me. I might make some of these suggestions for the next part of the story. Without further ado, this week’s story:

I’ve always wondered what makes a person go mad. Now I know the answer and I wish to God I didn’t. After watching my momma drink her life away every night after my daddy left us, I told myself that could never happen to me. If I only knew one day I would eat those words. So what makes a person go insane; love does or rather the loss of love. At only eighteen years old, the loss of my first love turned me into a mad woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment