Sunday, April 15, 2012

Revising and hooking

I’ve been going through a major revision, which is coming along very slowly. I’m only on page 30 of 300, but hopefully this one will be better. Less passive voice. People are right when they say changing passive voice to active voice tightens your writing. I already erased close to a 1,000 words.

At Barnes and Noble today I walked around reading the backs of a bunch of books to see what catches my eye. I wrote down ones that I liked. Later I will analyze what I found so intriguing about them. Then I will try to create my own hook. This query letter writing process is frustrating, but I hold onto the hope that I will eventually create one good enough to catch a literary agent’s eye.

What are your ideas for a hook?

No comments:

Post a Comment