Sunday, April 1, 2012

Reading instead of writing

I’m back in that reading mood. All I want to do is read. I read Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi.

For those who don’t know it’s a dystopian novel about a girl, Aria who grows up in a world that is cut off from the outside, known as pods. Everything she wants or needs is provided by the eye piece that lets her live in an alternate reality. But when something goes wrong she is exiled and left for dead in the outside world. All Aria wants to do is find her mother who was working on another pod.

Enter Perry, an outsider whose nephew was kidnapped by Aria’s people. He thinks he can use Aria to get his nephew back. They soon find out that they will need each other, so they make a pact to help each other. Does Aria find her mother? Does Perry get his nephew back? You will have to read the book to find out.

This book was an interesting read. I love reading books from different times and places. It’s so exciting to see the worlds other people create. Whenever I read a book, I wonder what was their journey to publishing like? How many rejections did they get before someone took a chance on them? How many times along this bumpy road did they think about giving up or start to doubt everything? Now I am just rambling. I can only relate to my own feelings and thoughts, so it would be nice to know that I am not alone. That struggling is a rite of passage. How do you feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment