Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3 reasons to despise the query letter

I have officially started my research into the query letter. There are some things that have come to bug me about the whole query letter process.

You spend all your time making your novel as perfect as you can and then someone might not even read it if your formatting is off on your query letter.

Your book could be amazing, intriguing, unique, or the best thing ever written and it won’t matter if you can’t make it sound great in a query letter.

You have to describe your book in 3-5 lines. I spent two months writing it and another two months making it pretty, so 3-5 lines—okay, sure, no problem…

You have to write it and rewrite it, read it, revise it, then write it again to make it perfect because you only get one shot to impress an agent.

I wish my book could speak for itself or I knew someone who had an “in” with an agent. It would make my life so much easier, but I suppose nothing ever gets accomplished without a lot of work, so off I go to research more on the query letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment