Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Making a list, checking it twice

I read my book for a third time. It only took me three days to edit this time. I only made small changes, which had to do with grammar. I am ready to begin my search for agents.

I went through all my books that I loved the other day, so I could figure out who represents some of my favorite authors. I have a nice start. There are still other agents I want to look into, but for the first batch of query letters I think I have my list. Now I am going to all of these agents’ websites to find out their submission guidelines.

I am also looking at examples of query letters and trying to write my “hook” which is a lot harder than you would think. I probably won’t send my letters out for another month. I am giving myself a month to perfect the query letter. If I need more time I will adjust my timeline, but as of now I am still on track for my writing goals for the year and I would like to stay on track. How are your writing goals coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment