Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Research, research, and more research

My research into the query letter is coming along. I have the first set of agents that I would like to send my letter to as soon as I polish it. I will post what I have come up with so far. The synopsis is by far the hardest thing I’ve ever had to write. I read the back of my books to get some ideas, which was probably the most helpful thing I could have done. I was able to see how a 300-page book is shrunk down to just a few words. Here is what I came up with for my book:

Paige Williams thinks she is an average fifteen-year-old with an overprotective grandmother. She’s about to find out she’s a fheary—a cross between a human and a faery.

When a mysterious boy, Jay enters Paige’s life she begins to see and feel things that make her question her sanity. Jay’s interest in Paige might be more than an innocent crush. He has been sent by the Fhearie Queen, Diana to retrieve Paige who unknowingly holds the fate of the fhearies in her hands. As Paige is thrown deeper into this magical world, her family’s secrets began to unravel, revealing a dangerous plot that could end up costing Paige her life.

I’m not sure if I am going to send out this synopsis, but I feel like I have a start. I never thought writing a one-page letter would be so hard. I must have written twenty of these, before coming up with one I liked. And I’m still not sure. At least it is only the beginning of the month, so I have time to figure things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment